Planning a special event or project is a big undertaking. There are a lot of issues to concern yourself with, especially if large groups of people will attend the event. One of the biggest concerns is supplying attendees with clean, safe drinking water.
Including a water trailer at your event is one of the most convenient and affordable options for ensuring everyone is drinking water.
It allows you to have the right amount of water for your event without worrying about supplying bottles or jugs of water.
What should you know if you’re planning an event or project and you’d like to use a fresh water tank trailer to provide water to attendees?
Questions to Ask
Providing easy access to safe, clean water is one of the most important parts of event planning. Doing so isn’t just about getting water to the location. It’s also about keeping that water safe and clean for an affordable price.
One of the best ways to get the planning and prep underway is to consider a few important questions that can help you plan.
- How much water will you need? You’ll need to consider the anticipated attendance at the event and the weather forecast. Knowing the exact weather for the day might be tough if you’re planning far enough in advance. However, if you consider the season, considering that the weather will be hot or cold helps you estimate if you’ll need more or less water than usual.
- How will you store the water? How will you distribute it? How will you get it to your location? Transporting the water you’ll need is another important consideration. In some cases, you might have a water trailer, plastic water tanks, or another source at the site, but often this isn’t the case. When there’s no water source at the location, water tank trailers are a convenient option.
- Where will the water be located at the event? Will you need more than one water station? How will you organize people in line for the water stations? In addition to choosing convenient, easily accessible locations, you might consider how you’ll label your water stations and/or share them with event attendees on literature or maps.
- How will you access and distribute the water? Will you provide disposable drinking cups or cut back on waste by offering water bottles? Depending on the number of event attendees, you might consider telling them to bring reusable water bottles.
- How will you keep the water clean and safe? Renting or buying a water tank trailer is a great way to ensure that water stays clean and safe during your event. You might also consider checking the supply throughout the event just to be extra safe.
You should view your need to provide safe drinking water to event attendees the same way you do other aspects of emergency planning for your event.
The goal of offering water is to prevent emergencies during the event. Having a plan in place is a great way to ensure everyone stays hydrated and healthy during the event.
How Do You Choose the Right Water Tank Trailer for Your Needs?
In addition to the questions listed above that help you narrow down the specifics of your event, there are also some general factors you’ll want to consider when choosing a water tank trailer for your event. These tank trailers are versatile and easy to use.
They are perfect for event water transport and ensuring that potable drinking water is available to everyone in need.
What should you consider when choosing a water tank trailer for your event?
How much water do you need, and how big do the storage tanks need to be to supply enough water?
Determining the tank capacity requires a simple estimate of attendance at your event and an estimate of how much water each attendee will drink during the event.
As mentioned above, be sure to factor in weather conditions. Once you have an estimate, you might consider padding the estimate by about 10 or 20 percent to guarantee you’ll have enough water.
Before settling on a water tank, consider whether you’ll be using the water for anything other than drinking.
Sometimes, the water supply will have secondary uses, which you’ll want to take into account. Remember, using drinking water for additional services like hand washing is not a good idea.
If you need a water supply for more than just drinking, consider supplying two or more tanks for different purposes.
Do you need any special accessories for your water tank trailer to make it usable? For example, do you need pumps, sprayers, filtration devices, hoses, drain ports, etc.?
Make sure you consider all the potential accessories you might need so you aren’t forced to deal with an emergency supply run on the day of the event.
Maintenance and Durability
Maintenance requirements for your water tank trailer and the system’s durability should be considered before renting or purchasing.
Obviously, durability is a bigger issue for those buying more significant items, but when renting or buying, you’ll want to ensure you get a quality fresh water tank that performs as you expect during your event.
How much of your event’s budget can you put toward water supply? Water tank trailers aren’t expensive, but you shouldn’t cut corners or water supply. Clean, easily accessible water is essential to a successful event or project.
When considering cost, think about not just the initial outlay for the water tank trailer but also the return on investment, longevity, and maintenance costs.
Choosing the Best Water Tank Trailer
The Quench Buggy is a mobile water station. This equipment provides easy access to clean fresh water for events.
The system offers multiple onboard fountains and spigots that give event attendees easy access to clean, cool, fresh potable water in any environment.
Are you responsible for offering water during:
- Civic activities?
- Construction sites?
- Natural events?
Quench Buggy can help. Failing to provide safe potable water at your event could lead to attendees becoming dehydrated and suffering medical consequences.
As the event planner, this is the last thing you want. Contact us to learn more or inquire about renting the Quench Buggy water wagon for your next event.